To warm up for my batch of onesies--can I do four on one Saturday?--I tried out my embroidering technique on a little tee for Daisy. This is my first attempt, and I think I can improve. For instance, this cheap little shirt is made of very thin knit which wants to distort. For this project, I simply held wrapping tissue in place behind the stitching with my embroidery hoop. It quickly shredded into unhelpfulness.
I also learned to use as slender a needle as possible, to minimize snagging the loops of knit.
I did another tee this morning for Daisy (before she got dressed, and at her command) that I liked much better. I cut a small square of regular freezer paper and ironed it to the back of the shirt. It held the stitches beautifully, then I very carefully pulled most of it off the design. I don't know yet if the little bits are going to come easily off the back. We'll wash tonight and see.
The freezer paper actually made a hoop unnecessary. Which was good because I couldn't get a hoop over it.
More of my obsession to come soon!